Gardening editor Jane Perrone picks the gardening books that should be on your Christmas list.
A good book is a vital part of the gardener’s winter survival kit: when you can’t get outside, you can dream big about next year, lose yourself in someone else’s plot or discover new plants from the comfort of your reading chair. Here’s a selection of my favourite books published this year: all perfect for your Christmas wishlist.
1. Rhapsody in Green by Charlotte Mendelson
2. Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Stylish Outdoor Spaces by Michelle Slatalla
3. RHS A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants 4th edition, edited by Christopher Brickell
4. RHS How Do Worms Work? by Guy Barter
5. Wild Flowers of Britain Month by Month by Margaret Erskine Wilson
6. A Botanist’s Vocabulary by Susan K Pell and Bobbi Angell
7. New Small Garden by Noel Kingsbury
8. Wonderful Weeds by Madeline Harley
9. An Orchard Odyssey by Naomi Slade
10. Petal, Leaf, Seed by Lia Leendertz
Read more about the books on theguardian.com