Easy to make and delicious vegan appetizer bites.
- 1 Cucumber, sliced diagonally into 1cm slices
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- a generous pinch of kala namak
- a generous pinch of cayenne (optional)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- mint or basil or cilantro leaves for garnish
- Mix the hummus with turmeric, nutritional yeast, kala namak, and cayenne
- Put into a pastry bag and pipe onto sliced cucumber
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and dress with mint
Use sprouts, hemp seeds or other seeds, Sriracha as toppings. Add garam masala or taco spice to the hummus. Color the hummus green with spinach, pink with beet juice, red with roasted red pepper. Make fatter slices and remove some of the inside of the cucumbers for cucumber cups.