Not sure what to write? Check out this list of 365 creative writing prompts to get you going. A great way to get you writing about something different every day!
- Outside the Window: What’s the weather outside your window doing right now? If that’s not inspiring, what’s the weather like somewhere you wish you could be?
- The Unrequited love poem: How do you feel when you love someone who does not love you back?
- The Vessel: Write about a ship or other vehicle that can take you somewhere different from where you are now.
- Dancing: Who’s dancing and why are they tapping those toes?
- Food: What’s for breakfast? Dinner? Lunch? Or maybe you could write a poem about that time you met a friend at a cafe.
- Eye Contact: Write about two people seeing each other for the first time.
- The Rocket-ship: Write about a rocket-ship on it’s way to the moon or a distant galaxy far, far, away.
- Dream-catcher: Write something inspired by a recent dream you had.
- Animals: Choose an animal. Write about it!
- Friendship: Write about being friends with someone.
- Dragon: Envision a dragon. Do you battle him? Or is the dragon friendly? Use descriptive language.
- Greeting: Write a story or poem that starts with the word “hello”.
- The Letter Poem: Write a poem using words from a famous letter or a letter from your own collection.
- The found poem: Read a book and circle some words on a page. Use those words to craft a poem. Alternatively you can cut out words and phrases from magazines.
- Eavesdropper: Create a poem, short story, or journal entry about a conversation you’ve overheard.
And 350 more on thinkwritten.comthinkwritten